You are not signed-in.
Sign In 

Skip Navigation Links
Here's What You Need
Order Online

Frequently Asked Questions

What Permits Do I Need To Start My Small Business?

First, you will need to select the business structure.   There are sole proprietor, LLC, partnership and corporation.   Any of these, need at least a business permit.  Then if you use an assumed business name ( e.g., you call your business “Super Carpet Cleaning Service,” you will need to file a DBA.  If you are a corporation or LLC, and you use a trade name, in addition to the LLC or corporation name, you will need a DBA as well.  For example, if your LLC’s name is “Ultra Co, LLC,” and you do business as “A1 Co,” you will need to file a DBA under the LLC as “A1 Co”.

Additionally, if you sell or lease any personal property, such as merchandise, equipment etc. you will need to obtain a seller’s permit to collect sales tax.  Furthermore, if you hire an employee, you will need a federal tax ID number and a State Tax ID number.  Finally, you can incorporate or form an LLC. In such case, you will not need to file a DBA.

How Long Does It Take To Get My Permits?

Normally, it takes about 3-5 business days.

What Do I Need To Get First?

If you need to get a seller’s permit, get that first, but you need the others as well. For example, you will need the DBA to open a business bank account and get business cards etc.

How Much Does It Cost?

Click on this link to find out.

About Us | Terms | Privacy Policy | Sitemap